Film Review: Flashbacks of a Fool.

Film Review: Flashbacks of a Fool.Like most of the films I blog about, I wanted to watch 'Flashbacks of a Fool' when it was released a couple of years ago but never got round to it! So I have utilised my membership with LOVEFiLM to catch up on all films I have ever missed!

'Flashbacks of a Fool' is about Joe (played by Daniel Craig) who was a successful actor, but his drinking and drug-use halts his career from continuing. He receives a phone call from his mother informing him that his childhood friend has died, prompting Joe to reminisce about his past...which is when the viewer is then introduced to younger Joe, played by Harry Eden.Film Review: Flashbacks of a Fool.I was quite impressed with Harry Eden's acting skills, and thoroughly quite surprised. I think this is the first time I have seen him, but he did a great job. I was also impressed with the fact that not only can Harry Eden act well, but he actually looks like a younger Daniel Craig! I definitely appreciate it when films do this well...and get incredibly annoyed when they don't!
Film Review: Flashbacks of a Fool.Younger Joe is just like any other teenage boy and there is always that one girl who everyone fancies, Ruth. I was so glad that she was actually a 'nice' girl...because typically, the 'popular girl' is always a bit nasty! Ruth invites Joe back to her place and they find out that they have the same taste in music...which leads me onto my favourite part of the film, which you can watch via the video below! 'If there is Something' by Roxy Music is playing in the background while Ruth is applying make-up on Joe and they are both dressed up, I thought this was so cute! They then go into the living room where they dance and sing along to the best part of the song...this is where I think Felicity Jones (who plays Ruth) really shines! I don't think I'd ever heard the song before either until I heard it in the film, and it's been on my iShuffle ever since!Film Review: Flashbacks of a Fool.I thought this was going to be the start of their relationship with lots more singing and dancing together, but the following evening when Joe is supposed to be meeting Ruth, he is lured into the home of his neighbour Evelyn, and they end up having sex. Joe arrives late meeting Ruth, where she spots love bites on his neck and storms out. There is a lot more that happens in the film including something dramatic and traumatising which explains why older Joe ended up so far away from home, which was something I pondered early on in the film.
Overall, a surprisingly good and unpredictable film with a great cast.




Related Site
-The Mens Fashion
-Dresses Online and Cheap Clothes
-Urban Clothing For Mens



0 comments:

Post a Comment