INTERVIEW: Julianne Smith Garters

INTERVIEW: Julianne Smith Garters

INTERVIEW: Julianne Smith Garters

INTERVIEW: Julianne Smith Garters

{images courtesy of Sevan Photography (www.sevanphotography.com)}

The smile on her face is indicative of a woman who loves what she does for a living. Julianne Smith is that woman. She recently celebrated the launch of her new collection in DC with a fab party and cupcakes, of course. She was so kind to give The Bridal Wishlist an interview.

INTERVIEW: Julianne Smith Garters
INTERVIEW: Julianne Smith Garters

TBW: What is your name? What is the name of your business?
JS: Julianne Smith; Julianne Smith Wedding Garters

TBW: Tell me a little bit about yourself?
JS: Let's see...I live in Washington, DC with my husband and daughter. I'm a virgo. I don't like change, but I love when things are different. I'm incredibly loyal. I become obsessed with things way to easily. And, I almost always make my own ravioli. Oh and I don't like when the seat is hot from the person who sat there before me.
TBW: LOL

TBW: Why did you get into the wedding business as a garter designer??
JS: Like the obsessive person that I am, I was determined that my friend, Brooke, have the most perfect garter for her wedding. I was given one bridesmaid duty and I didn't want to fail. I couldn't find anything to match Brooke's fun, simple personality, so I just made it myself.

TBW: What is your typical work day like??
JS: I don't have a typical day. I wish I could say this was due to my almost 2 year old. But, no. It is me; I'm all over the place. There is nothing typical about any of my days.

TBW: How do you choose your fabrics and color palettes?
JS: I like to follow wedding trend colors, but then mix the palettes up a little bit. That is what I think brides want and expect from me.

INTERVIEW: Julianne Smith Garters
INTERVIEW: Julianne Smith Garters

TBW: Where do you go for inspiration??
JS: I'm really inspired by anything and everything around me. I love color and jewelry, and people with amazing personal style.

TBW: Do you do custom work? If yes, tell me a little about your custom process?
JS: Most of my wedding garters are custom designed. Brides generally want something in particular to match their personality and their day. My custom process is fairly simple: just tell me what you want/like and I'll try to make it work.


INTERVIEW: Julianne Smith Garters
INTERVIEW: Julianne Smith Garters


TBW: What is the most unusual design request that you have received??
JS: Here is kind of a cute idea that I haven't thought of before...I just recently received a request to make a headband for an infant to wear on her baptism which would then be saved for her wedding to wear as a garter.
TBW: That is totally a cute idea!

TBW: What advice do you have for brides?
JS: Just have fun! If you aren't enjoying it then don't do it.

TBW: If you could design a garter for anyone in the world, who would it be?
JS: I have no idea...
TBW: I guess that's a loaded question.

INTERVIEW: Julianne Smith Garters


You can see Julianne's entire collection on her web site. Here's her contact information:

Julianne Smith
202-607-3683
www.juliannesmith.com
Garter Girl Blog: http://juliannesmith.wordpress.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/gartergirl
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Julianne-Smith-Wedding-Garters/52379142626


Related Site

-The Weddings of Year

-Wedding Ideas on Budget

-Wedding Pictures and Decoration

Related Videos :below I show related videos and not so related to this article.
Title: Julianne Hough: Burlesque Interview
http://Twitter.com/ClevverMovies - Follow Us!

Burlesque hits theaters on November 24th, 2010.

Cast: Christina Aguilera, Eric Dane, Cher, Kristen Bell, Julianne Hough, Cam Gigandet, Stanley Tucci, Tyne Stecklein, Chelsea Traille

Ali (Christina Aguilera) is a small-town girl with a big voice who escapes hardship and an uncertain future to follow her dreams to LA. After stumbling upon The Burlesque Lounge, a majestic but ailing theater that is home to an inspired musical revue, Ali lands a job as a cocktail waitress from Tess (Cher), the club's proprietor and headliner. Burlesque's outrageous costumes and bold choreography enrapture the young ingenue, who vows to perform there one day.

Soon enough, Ali builds a friendship with a featured dancer (Julianne Hough), finds an enemy in a troubled, jealous performer (Kristen Bell), and garners the affection of Jack (Cam Gigandet), a bartender and fellow musician. With the help of a sharp-witted stage manager (Stanley Tucci) and gender-bending host (Alan Cumming), Ali makes her way from the bar to the stage. Her spectacular voice restores The Burlesque Lounge to its former glory, though not before a charismatic entrepreneur (Eric Dane) arrives with an enticing proposal...

Burlesque featurette courtesy Screen Gems.
Title: Derek Hough Interview With Katie Krause - DWTS, Julianne, Music, Personal & More!
Derek Hough interview at The Grove in Los Angeles. He talks about his career, dancing with the stars, his sister julianne, footloose, mark ballas and more. Hosted by Hollywire's Katie Krause.



0 comments:

Post a Comment