Hello Again!



Hello Again!

Hi lovelies! I'm back from my retreat, and I can't even begin to tell you how amazing it was to have an entire week without any internet or cell phones. I highly recommend it to everyone.

In addition to just saying, "Hi, I'm back!" I also wanted to check in with all of you. The personal voice of this blog seems to have gone missing in the past several months, and now that I've had some time away, I feel like I'm in a good place to do some sharing about what has been going on over on this side of Snippet & Ink. Though I've debated whether or not to "go there" on this blog, I've found that keeping things open and honest is always a better option than closing things off, so here we go.


{by Kari Herer}

For some time now, I have been struggling with depression, and only in the last couple of months have I started to actively address it. My honey and I have decided to put wedding plans on hold for the time being, while I make this a priority. Things with us are good, and I'm still wearing my engagement ring - it's just going to be a longer engagement than we had originally planned.

Another part of my life that has been affected is this blog. Growing pains are a natural part of the readership growth and changing blog world that Snippet & Ink has seen in the last two years, and whenever a creative hobby becomes a business, the dynamics of it change. But more than that, so much of the joy I took in blogging went away, my creativity has felt sapped, and I've lost focus on what I love about this blog.

All of this is to say that, while things here on Snippet & Ink may be a bit bumpy for awhile, there are some great things and exciting changes in store in the next year. I am working on re-focusing and bringing back the joy and creativity that make this blog such a fun place for me - and I hope for you. I can't even begin to express my gratitude for the incredible readers that I have, the wonderful comments that you leave, and the kind words that you send in emails. My hope is that, through it all, Snippet & Ink continues to be a source of daily inspiration for you.

Related Site

-The Wedding Gifts Online

-Wedding Insurance

-Wedding Photographer Online





0 comments:

Post a Comment