Changes



Changes

***I would like to thank the following wonderful ladies for providing advice and kind words in my time of intense WPM: Little Miss Southern (I heart our gchats), Future Mrs. Smith (I got my hair cut by Kristen and I loved it), The Thirty Something Bride (Don't even know where to begin- you're probably the coolest person I know), The Answer is You (thanks for the lunch date. Can we have another please?)***

I thought about starting this post with some Tupac lyrics, but it turns out those were a little too intense for this G-Rated blog! Mr. SE and I have been undergoing some changes on the wedding front. To make a long story short- I had a total WPM two weeks ago. Don't know what a WPM is? A Wedding Planning Meltdown. To help aid in the confusion and mass pandemonium that will likely ensue, I've created a chart of sorts.

Things that are staying the same: still marrying Mr. SE @ the Cathedral on August 14, 2010
Things that are changing:
reception venue, COMPLETE theme of wedding, budget

We're much like T30SB & The Candyman, in that this wedding symbolizes not only our love for one another, but we also want to spend time with close family and friends who we are blessed to have in our lives. Intimate, and personal- that's our goal for the big day.

That being said, our guest list right now is at 180. We've looked at all the normal RSVP rates, but ours is a little different. Yes, it's a destination for 90% of our guests. No, it's not too far (ie Caribbean). We have NO CLUE how many people are going to come. The majority of our guests are within a 4 hour car ride or a 2 hour plane trip. That's a whole different issue that I'll save for another post.

Miss SE's rule on budgets: just because you have it, doesn't mean you have to spend it. Can I also add another one of my favorite sayings regarding money? Yes, it's my blog. You can spend a lot of money and still look trashy (Kendra and Hank. Hello?). There it is- I said it.

Mr. SE and I have decided that while my parents are footing the bill for this fabulous wedding, we're not going to lose sight of the real reason this is all happening (we love each other). Because of this, I will here and now take a vow (to you, my faithful readers), that I will keep the important things (Mr. SE and our promises to each other) at the forefront of my planning. Thank you Liza for that one.

So now Mr. SE and I are embarking on a 359 day wedding planning adventure. We are (I am) going to keep an open mind about ideas, and we're going to stay focused on the prize (Mr and Mrs). I can't wait to be his wife, he makes me the happiest lady in the world! Keep reading as we'll start to reveal our new inspiration boards and style ideas (omigosh I know you can't wait. And I can't believe you're still reading at this point). Okay I'll add a picture because blog posts suck without them.
Changes{sufficiently awkward. i love us}


Related Site

-Online Wedding Planner

-Photographers Weddings




Documento sin título




Videos Relacionados:below I show related videos and not so related to this article.

Title

Title:







0 comments:

Post a Comment